You’re tanned, you’re toned--you always look your best in the sunny summertime! Shouldn’t your hair color look just as perfect as your gorgeous self? Here are five ways to ensure shiny, healthy hair hues from now until Labor Day, courtesy of Matrix Certified Color Master Jamie Sitsler Peckham.
- Get Glossed. Ask your stylist for a clear, non-ammonia, shine-enhancing gloss treatment, like Matrix Gloss Sync. It will boost shine and seal your hair cuticle, which helps prevent fading. Think of it as a top coat for your hair color!
- Practice Safe Sunning. You slather on the SPF to protect your complexion and your tender skin—but did you know it’s just as important to shield your hair from UV damage? Before heading outdoors, mist hair with a UV-protective spray like Biolage Colorcarethérapie Shine Shake Spray or Total Results Blonde Care Flash Filler to repel harmful rays.
- Don’t Forget Your Aprés Sun Care. Summer-stressed hair needs extra TLC. Switch to a shampoo and conditioner that protects and nourishes sun-exposed hair color, like Biolage Colorcarethérapie Shampoo, Conditioner and Bloom Masque.
- Swim With Protection. Chlorine is your haircolor’s worst enemy (green hair anyone?) So here’s a chlorine-averting trick. Before you jump into the pool, mist your hair with clean water and work in a healthy amount of Biolage ExquisiteOil Protective Treatment. Your hair will soak up the healthy oil, not the chlorine!
- Don’t Let Your Hair Stylist Get Lonely. Remember to show your hair…and your hairstylist…some love as soon as you return from your summer vacation. Waiting too long between appointments leads to noticeable roots; plus regular trims and professional conditioning treatments help keep hair color looking healthy and fresh!
To find a Matrix hair salon that offers these products and services near you, visit our Salon & Product Finder.
NEXT BLOG >
< PREVIOUS BLOG