There are many things to sweat out at the gym (like that extra piece of cake from Friday night), but your workout hairstyle should not be one of them. These 5 flawless braids will stay intact and have you looking fresh through your entire spin class!
The Deconstructed Mohawk Braid
- Gather hair at top of head and divide into three sections.
- Cross the sections over one another.
- Add hair to the section from the left side of your head.
- Add hair to the section on the other side.
- Repeat adding hair and crossing sections.
- Secure the braid at the end with a band.
- Spray braid with Biolage R.A.W. texturizing spray, and begin to loosen the braid by pulling on the edges.
- Secure pieces with bobby pins until you achieve the de-constructed look you are going for.
The Twisted Braid
- Separate two pieces from the left and right side of your head (TIP: these pieces should come from your hairline right above the end of your eyebrow).
- Twist each piece and use a bobby pin to secure in place.
- From each side of your head, take a piece of hair and pull it back, twisting one piece over the other.
- With your remaining hair, brush back as if you were making a pony tail, and separate into three sections.
- Twist each section under the other to create the end desired look!
- Finish look with a spritz of Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling spray.
Mohawk French Braid
- Work a small amount of Biolage R.A.W. Smoothing hair styling milk into your hands. Apply to damp hair and blow dry as desired.
- Start by taking a section of hair at the top of your head and splitting into three equal pieces.
- Begin braiding by taking the left piece under the middle piece, and the right piece under the (now middle) piece.
- Bring the left piece under the middle again, and add in a small section from the left side
- Continue on the right, bringing the right piece under, and adding in a small section of hair from the right-hand side. This way, you’ll keep forming a reverse braid.
- Continue down the back of your head, adding in equal sections of hair to your braid. Secure braid with an elastic for your finished look!
Triple Braided Bun
- On damp hair, work in a small amount of Biolage R.A.W. Hair Styling Jelly into your roots and through the ends. Blow-dry as usual.
- Split your hair into 3 equal sections and secure each one with a clear elastic.
- Start by braiding each of the pony tails, securing each with a bobby pin at the end of the braids.
- Twist each section up into mini twisted buns. Use the bobby pin at the end of each braided section to start securing each mini bun in place.
- Once each section is secure, you will have your desired finished look!
- On damp hair, apply Biolage R.A.W. Curl Defining Styling Butter. Let air-dry or use a diffuser. Tousle hair at roots and throughout to boost volume and loosen up the curl.
- Split hair into two equal sections.
- Braid both sections into pigtails and secure the ends with elastics.
- Cross one braid over the other. Take the braid that is now below and twist it around the other braids to create a “C” shape. Pin in place with bobby pins.
- Repeat with the other braid, curving it up and around to make the same shape, and pin in place.
- Adjust your braids to sit in a knot shape at the back of your head. Pin ends of braids behind the knot. Use bobby pins to secure your finished look.