Three Natural Hair Styles for Long, Medium and Short Hair
Biolage R.A.W.—At the Heart of Natural Hair Styles
The essential first step for every natural hairstyle is the Biolage R.A.W. Natural Origin collection of haircare formulas. Every item in the Biolage R.A.W. haircare collection ranges from 70% to 100% Natural Origin—ingredients that are unchanged from their natural state, or if they have undergone processing, they retain greater than 50% of their molecular structure from an original plant or mineral source. Biolage R.A.W. ingredients are thoughtfully sourced for maximum effectiveness, containing ingredients such as goji berry, yucca, honey, coconut oil, grapefruit and kiwi. Every ingredient has been carefully selected, tested and refined to provide optimum benefits in the healthiest possible way.
Equally important is what Biolage R.A.W. does not contain—namely, sulfates, silicones, parabens or artificial colorants. And the entire range is completely tested on color-treated hair.
You can choose the Recover system if your hair is stressed or sensitized; Nourish if your strands are dull and dry or Uplift if your flat, fine hair needs a healthy boost.
A Natural Hair Style for Long Hair
It’s called the Uplift, and it features weightless layers for maximum body. The look is the perfect companion for a simple, sustainable lifestyle. The haircut’s original, strong shape grows out gracefully, taking on a beautiful new form with every new inch of hair, and therefore requiring minimal trimming. Your hairstylist will establish an initial length just below the shoulder, create flattering, face-framing layers and then go through and cut “invisible” layers and texturizing in the interior sections that give your hair loads of body, bounce and fullness.
To style the Uplift haircut with less waste and less eco-impact, try this technique that maximizes your natural wave pattern and texture. The result is soft, swingy waves that look completely effortless!
How to Style Uplift Haircut
- 1. Shampoo and condition your hair with the Biolage R.A.W. Uplift regimen.
- 2. Separate the front from the back. Gather the back into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic band.
- 3. Combine the top section into the ponytail by twisting it around the elastic band.
- 4. Keep twisting until you’ve formed a low bun, then secure the bun with pins.
- 5. Leave the bun in place all day or overnight, until your hair is dry. Then remove the pins and shake out your hair with your fingers. It will settle into low, loose waves that will look as if you’ve just returned from a glorious day at the beach!
A Natural Hair Style for Medium Length Hair
The Nourish haircut is a modern, midlength shape with a strong perimeter, an eye-grazing fringe and long layers that give it lots of body and movement. As the Nourish grows out, it eases into a looser, more fluid shape with a flattering, side-swept fringe. It requires less water and less energy for more natural style!
To style the Nourish haircut, here’s a how-to that secures your medium length hair into coils and “sets” the hair without the use of drying, energy-sucking thermal tools. In the end, your hair and the planet stay healthier!
How to Style the Nourish Haircut
- 1. Shampoo and condition your hair with the Biolage R.A.W. Nourish regimen.
- 2. Pull all of your damp hair back and divide the bottom into three, equal-sized ponytails. Secure each ponytail with elastic.
- 3. Beginning with the middle section, twist and wind the ponytail into a low bun and secure with pins.
- 4. Repeat on the left and right sections.
Tip: Angle the pins slightly, which will keep the buns more secure.
- 5. Wear the buns all day, or overnight, until the hair is dry.
- 6. Remove the pins and gently loosen the waves with your fingertips. Your hair will fall into an organic, lived-in shape that looks completely effortless!
A Natural Hair Style for Short Hair
The shag is an iconic, layered haircut that has evolved over decades, always looking fresh and chic. The Recover haircut is a modern shag with square layers—it’s the perfect solution for removing dry, damaged ends and giving your hair a fresh start! Your hairstylist will cut strong, blunt ends and lightweight layers around the top, so the haircut will grow out seamlessly over time.
To style the Recover haircut, this twist-set technique allows you to bring out the natural shape and enhance your texture without the use of hot tools that can reverse the results of the healthy haircut that removed all of your damaged ends.
How to Style the Recover Haircut
- 1. Shampoo and condition your hair with the Biolage R.A.W. Recover. Regimen.
- 2. On damp hair, create a small triangular section at the front of the head. It should extend from eye to eye along the front hairline, with the tip of the triangle stopping about three inches behind the hairline.
- 3. Begin twisting this section until it begins to collapse, then wrap the lengths around the collapsed portion and pin it into place.
- 4. Continue creating small, adjacent triangular sections on each side and down the back, twisting and pinning the hair until the entire head is “set” in this manner.
- 5. Allow the twists to remain until the hair is dry or overnight.
- 6. Remove the pins, gently rake through the hair with your fingers, and arrange gently without disturbing the waves.
Biolage R.A.W. believes that haircare can be good for you and good for the environment. The innovative, Natural Origin Biolage R.A.W. haircare formulas, plus the companion collection of natural hair styles for long, medium and short hair, will allow you to always wear your naturally healthy and stylish!
24 Fabulous Blonde Hair Color Shades & How To Go Blonde
The 23 Best Brunette Hair Color Shades
9 Ways to Repair, Treat & Fix Damaged Hair
The 21 Most Popular Red Hair Color Shades
8 Cozy Winter Hair Color Ideas
Winter Hair Care: 5 Ways to Beat the Cold Weather Blahs
7 Cute Braid Trends To Try This Fall
How To Take Care Of Hair Extensions And Wigs
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to hear about the latest trends in Hair Care, Hair Color, & Hair Styling