Curly Style: Braid
- Transition from TEXTURED & LOOSE.
- Start at the right side of the head. Part hair along parietal ridge ending at the crown, clip for control.
- Below parting, at hairline, take a vertical 2 inch section and divide into two equal horizontal sub-sections.
- Twist both sub-sections to the right four times, then cross over the left.
- Begin to incorporate hair into the braid by adding approximately ½ inch of hair behind each of the sub-sections.
- Repeat twisting and rope braiding technique. Continue in this manner, following the contour of the head, along the nape. Stop when you reach the ear.
- For a more intricate look, continue to braid in a “U” pattern along the back of the head up to the crown.
- Starting behind the ear on the left side, repeat rope braid technique directing forward.
- When recession area is reached, continue braiding to the ends and secure with elastic.
- If length permits, wrap braid across front hairline, use bobby pins to secure.