NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Live Your Color with SoColor Cult Scratch-Off Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old and are licensed salon professionals as of the date of participation. Employees of L’Oréal USA, Inc., SalonCentric, HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: L’Oréal USA, Inc., 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on June 5, 2019 at the local time each participating SalonCentric Store (“Store”) open and ends on June 5, 2019 at the local time each Store closes or when Game Pieces are depleted, whichever comes first (the "Promotion Period"). Each Store’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
4. How to Participate: You will need a scratch-off game piece (“Game Piece”) to participate. You can obtain a Game Piece, while supplies last, by visiting a Store and requesting one from a sales associate. Once you have a Game Piece, follow the directions on it and scratch the Game Piece to see if you are a potential instant winner (a “Play”). If you are a potential instant winner, your Game Piece will include instructions on how to redeem your prize.
Limit: 1 Game Piece and 1 Play per person during the Promotion Period. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of Game Pieces or Plays by using multiple identities, going to multiple Stores, or any other methods will void that participant’s Game Pieces and may result in participant’s disqualification and forfeiture of any prize.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING GAME PIECES ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR THE PRIZE CONCIERGE, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE GAME PIECE DISPLAYS A WINNING MESSAGE UNLESS AND UNTIL PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING GAME PIECE HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
6. Instant Win Verification of Potential Winners, and Prize Claim Instructions: Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. All Game Pieces are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or the Prize Concierge only. Sponsor’s and the Prize Concierge’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Instant Win Game and the verification of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
How to Claim a Grand Prize: Grand Prize must be claimed by following the instructions on the Game Piece and contacting the Prize Concierge at 1-855-207-1571. You will need to provide the Prize Concierge with your name, email address, home mailing address, cosmetologist license number and the unique code included on the Game Piece. Additionally, each Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a W-9 in order to claim his/her prize.
Do not give a potentially winning Game Piece to any Store employee. Store staff ARE NOT authorized to verify, fulfill or submit a claim for any prize.
You must contact the Prize Concierge and provide all requested information and documents no later than July 15, 2019.
If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to call the Prize Concierge, return the W-9 (as applicable) or provide any requested information within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner is disqualified and forfeits his/her prize.
7. Prizes: TWO (2) GRAND PRIZES: One (1) admission ticket to Destination 2020 in Orlando, FL on January 19-21, 2020; up to a $500 credit toward round trip, coach-class air transportation for one (1) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; up to a $500 credit toward hotel accommodations determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, single occupancy); and travel agent services. Terms and conditions apply. Approximate odds of receiving this Prize: 1:21,488. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: up to $1,500.
Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to select travel dates acceptable to winner. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, parking, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination.
For Ticket or Class Prizes: Sponsor is not responsible if any event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed. All details, including dates and times, to be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Tickets may be subject to Sponsor’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. The Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event.
Limit: Each participant may only claim and receive one (1) prize through this Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
For all Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any prize component for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use; each winner will be issued a 1099 for the actual value of the prize. Prizes must be claimed as outlined above via the Prize Concierge; Prize Concierge will provide prize fulfillment timing and method to each winner.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes participant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of participant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Promotion and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s (or any Released Party’s) failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Game Pieces are automatically void if counterfeited, mutilated, forged, altered or tampered with in any way; if illegible; if mechanically reproduced; if obtained outside authorized legitimate channels; if they contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors; or if they are rendered inoperable due to any type of malfunction, whether technological or otherwise. Any Game Piece submitted to claim a Grand Prize becomes the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO FORGE INSTANT WIN GAME MATERIALS OR TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION MAY BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. Participant assumes all risk of loss or damage to or destruction of Game Pieces.
10. Release: By participating in the Promotion, participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, SalonCentric, HelloWorld, Inc., and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Promotion or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, or network hardware, or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion, or receipt, or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. If, for any reason, a Participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another Game Piece, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a list of Grand Prize winners, please send a request to Live Your Color with SoColor Cult Scratch-Off Promotion, L’Oreal USA, 10 Hudson Yards, 27th Floor, New York, NY 10001. The winner list will be available after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2019 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.