Braid Hairstyles that are Cute & Easy for Fall
Double Rainbow Braid
Hair Color Credit: @hairpaintedwithlove
These whimsical double plaits are the perfect way to show off a full-spectrum of candy-hued hair color.
- Distribute moisturizing hair styling milk through damp hair with a wide tooth comb for hydration and suppleness.
- Blow dry hair smooth with a large round brush.
- Divide the hair in half vertically from top hairline to nape.
- Beginning at the hairline, begin braiding, feeding in the hair from the sides to keep the braid close to the scalp.
- Once the hair is past the nape, continue braiding the hair. Secure the end with an elastic.
- Return to the top and gently widen and loosen the braid, pulling on the sides.
- Repeat on the other side.
Unraveled Rope Braid
Some of the coolest braids this fall are actually simple twists.
- Apply hair styling jelly to damp hair and distribute with a wide tooth comb.
- Beginning at the nape and working up the head, blow dry hair in horizontal sections with a large round brush.
- Flip all hair to the left side.
- Create a two-strand rope twist braid, beginning at the front right hairline.
- Direct the braid diagonally toward the left, following the front hairline.
- Braid by taking diagonal partings, feeding hair in from the top and underneath.
- When you reach the left ear, continue braiding down the lengths to the ends and secure with an elastic band.
- Loosen the braid for a deconstructed look.
Hair Color Credit: @elyserox00
Happy yellow hair color brings the mellow to this lazy, half-and-half braided hairstyle.
- Apply a dry texture styling foam to damp hair and air dry the hair, scrunching to encourage texture.
- Once hair is dry, mist with texturizing spray and loosely curl mid-lengths with a large curling iron. Stretch each curled section to produce a relaxed wave.
- Create a Mohawk-shape parting from the front hairline and from temple to temple on each side.
- Beginning at the hairline, start braiding the hair, feeding in sections from each side.
- Secure the braid just above the round of the head.
- Loosen the braid to create a loopy, disheveled shape.
Flipped Fishtail Braid
This fishtail braid adds visual interest and texture to loose, beachy waves.
- Mist damp hair with a frizz-controlling spray.
- Blow-dry hair straight with a round brush.
- Gently backcomb the top section to create soft volume.
- Leaving the sides loose, direct the top section back toward the crown.
- Create a fishtail braid with the top section that extends from the crown to the ends of the section.
- Secure the braid with an elastic hair band and conceal the elastic hair band with a small strand of hair.
- Use a curling iron to create randomly placed, loose waves on the bottom section.
- Mist the braid with texturizing hair spray to provide hair volume and loose definition.
Halo Braid and Tail
- After shampooing, apply a rich, leave-in hair cream to control flyaway hairs. Comb through with a wide tooth comb for even distribution.
- Blow dry hair with a cushioned styling brush for smoothness.
- Create a deep side part from the right hairline to the crown.
- Beginning at the part, create a French braid that includes hair from the front and top.
- Braid around the head to the opposite side. As you reach the back, begin incorporating hair from the bottom and top.
- Once the sides meet, continue to braid the lengths and then secure the ends.
- Gently enlarge and loosen the braid, and let a few tendrils fall free.
- Place a few pins to secure the braid at the base of the head.
- Mist with texturizing hair spray.
24 Fabulous Blonde Hair Color Shades & How To Go Blonde
The 23 Best Brunette Hair Color Shades
9 Ways to Repair, Treat & Fix Damaged Hair
The 21 Most Popular Red Hair Color Shades
Hair Lingo: Professional Hair Styling and Hair Cutting Terms & Definitions
Cute, Quick And Easy Back To School Hairstyles
How to Choose the Best Blonde Hair Color for Your Skin Tone
13 Trending Purple Hair Color Ideas
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to hear about the latest trends in Hair Care, Hair Color, & Hair Styling